GrahamsBloggerNovelTemplate

Introduction


At about 12:30PM on February 25, 2005, I ran into Scott Reid, Prime Minister Paul Martin’s official mouthpiece, at Royal Bank Parliament Hill branch in downtown Ottawa. I had just finished my banking and was about to leave. Mr. Reid was waiting in line in front of the ATMs facing inside of the building.

Mr. Reid must have seen and recognized me first. And his reaction I would never forget. He was in such a state of panic seeing me walking towards him that he reflexively reached his cell phone and put it beside his ear.

I hope he was not calling the White House for help.


Unbeknown to the general public, I have been the biggest problem to Mr. Martin’s grip on power because of the truth I hold on Cecilia Zhang murder. But as “people in the loop” know, I have been feeling depressed and weak for quite some time. Lately, I often reminded myself of this chance encounter with Mr. Reid whenever the sense of hopelessness and despair engulfed me due to the many difficulties in my long struggle to seek justice for Cecilia Zhang.

My mantra is: “一切反动派都是纸老虎。” Translation: All reactionaries are paper tigers. (Memo to Paul Martin and George W. Bush: Here you go, another hot nut for you to crack.)


The ruling Liberals may be able to fool people temporarily, to deploy public and private resources to bully me and to create the appearance of invincibleness, but deep down inside, they are weak and hollow because they know they are wrong. Mr. Reid’s panic was simply a reflection of their shaking and unstable mental state.

What my story is about is quite simple. It is about right and wrong. Not so mush as so right or so wrong, just simply black-and-white kind of right and wrong that any kindergardener can distinguish. I am confident that I am right because I get my facts and logic right. And I have laid out my facts and logic for all to see.

On the other hand, for the Liberals, how did they defend the indefensible, i.e., the murder of an innocent 9-year-old child involving your government, in which your leader is implicated? By attacking the whistle-blower, of course. The ruling class, their friends and their hatchet men and women in the media have been calling me all sorts of names: gay/homo, impotent, incestuous, lazy, cheater, deadbeat, Nazi, communist, demented, delusional, nuke-crazy, and lately, separatist.

Going into the election, Paul Martin wanted to portrait himself as Captain Canada. Little did the people know that he himself had put Canada’s sovereignty on the line by working with the Bush administration to hide the truth of Cecilia Zhang’s abduction and murder. Some pundits applied to Paul Martin’s early performance in the campaign this quote: “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.” I can’t agree more.


Although this election is not over yet, its significance has just begun to sink in. The biggest winner, as more and more people will gradually realize, is the Canadian people. As Mr. L. Ian MacDonald, himself a Mulroneyite and a member of the political establishment, lamented many a time in his newspaper columns, the political class has lost control in the process.

The biggest contributor to the process of taking back the agenda is Stephen Harper who, by the way, was never seen and still not entirely recognized by the political class as one of them. By steadily and clearly spelling out Conservative’s plan for the country day after day, he helped to turn the election campaign into a forum for policy debate - which is what election is supposed to be about. In contrast, the Liberals’ plan, unbeknown to the general public, was to wait for my story to break so that they could turn the campaign into a nasty spitting match. That’s why so many pundits predicted a nasty campaign at the beginning.

With barely a week to go till the voting day and the result almost certain, I feel two issues still have not been discussed adequately in this election. They are racism and poverty. I believe Cecilia Zhang would have liked to see them being discussed, too. And I hope Canadian people will have a chance to read my reports and join this important discussion for a better Canada.


Jim Yu
January 17, 2006